So I have decided to do a little research on Themes in Art.
I found an interesting PDF DavisThemesInArt.
This PDF describes a number of interesting ideas. First there are Human Commonalities.
- Experience the Life Cycles ( Birth, Growth, Death )
- Work ( Work is universal. Everyone produces and consumes )
- Use Symbols ( All people use symbols to express feelings and ideas )
- Know Time and Space ( All people have the miraculous capacity to recall the past and anticipate the futre )
- Search for a Larger Purpose ( All people try to give spiritual meaning and connection to our lives )
- Have an Aesthetic Response ( All people respond to the aesthetic )
- Seek Social Bonding ( All people are members of groups or institutions that consequently shape their lives )
- Have a Connection to Nature ( All people are connected to the ecology of nature )
The Davis PDF goes on to suggest exploring the following:
- Rites of Passage
Another Site offers an Exhaustive List of Ideas for Themes.
What I really want to do is focus down to a really good list of 4 strong ideas.